Google+

adsense banner

Craftsy

Monday 14 April 2014

Social networking nightmare...

It's no secret that I am possibly the most unsociable person I know  (due to the fact that I am unsociable, I know very few people, so that's hardly surprising).  The rare occasions that I am required to indulge in social discourse (that's discourse, not intercourse) I invariably stick my foot in it.  Which goes somewhat towards explaining my affinity to the internet.  If I find myself in an awkward situation, I can just....close the page...ta-dah! 

Anyway, I digress, the only reason I felt like posting anything right now is because I am unable to work out how to follow another blogger.  I'm probably over-complicating things as I am prone to do but seriously...how the hell do I just follow someone's blog?  Should it really be that challenging?  I can like a post, or rather 'recommend' a post as google puts it..but I figured somewhere, somehow, I should be able to 'follow' a blog, y'know?  Just so's I get to see when the people I choose to follow get updated.  I dunno, maybe I'm asking too much.  Maybe I'm just getting confused with Facebook (don't even let me get started on that one).  Bloody 'social' networking, I can see why companies are springing up all over the place to advise people how best to use it.  Thing is, I don't want to pay someone to do it for me.  I want to be able to work it out!  I'm not stupid (OK not as smart as I was pre-children but hey ho) just easily sidetracked.

So anyways, I can't be the only one with these difficulties which leads me to thinking that maybe I will post the results of my foray into the social networking ideal- mostly so that I can remind myself when I forget and maybe to help some other dozy sole suffering the same dilemma.  End of rant.  Mwah.

2 comments:

  1. The best tool I've found is Feedly. You just sign in with your google account and you can follow accounts from there. Not a lot of bloggers have a feedly button though, so what I do is just copy the URL, then paste it into the Add Content box on Feedly. It used to be so much easier before Google killed its reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, I'll have a look for Feedly. I think I was getting confused with blogger/blogspot and google+, thinking they were more interchangeable than they are. And just when I think I have the hang of adding people to my 'circles' when I hit the follow button - I find out there's a daily limit to adding people. I'll get there eventually I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete